Riverland Energy Cooperative is now accepting applications for its Cooperative Youth Ambassador Leadership Program. The program is designed to help young people enhance their leadership skills while gaining a comprehensive understanding of cooperatives. Students learn the business operations of a cooperative, energy issues, and renewable energy in a fun and relaxed environment.
Meetings are scheduled from October– May and most will take place at the Riverland Energy Cooperative headquarters in Arcadia. The first meeting is Oct. 27, 2021.
Highlights of the Youth Ambassador Program include:
- Lunch provided at meetings
- Field trips to power plants, substations and renewable energy sites
- Attend leadership conferences
- Awards and scholarships
- Get paid just for attending each meeting and reimbursed mileage
- Meet new friends for life
- A chance to win a trip to the NRECA Youth Tour of Washington, D.C.
Students must be a junior in high school to qualify.
Applications are due Oct. 15. For more information or for an application, please see your guidance counselor or visit Riverland Energy’s website at https://www.riverlandenergy.com/youth-ambassador-program You can also contact Beth at Riverland Energy at 800-411-9115 or by e-mail email@example.com.