Riverland Energy Cooperative and Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association (WECA) have teamed up to offer dairy farmers a farm re-wiring financial assistance program.
The Safety First! loan and grant program is designed to assist dairy farmers with their farm’s re-wiring to meet current electrical code standards.
This is a cost-sharing program with the following requirements:
- Dairy farms only (including cows, goats, and sheep which are kept for the production of milk).
- Existing homestead.
- Pre- and post-program inspections by an approved state-certified inspector.
- Work must be completed by a Master Electrician or an electrician who has completed the Farm Rewiring Program.
- Before work commences, a bid from the electrician must meet loan/grant requirements.
- A signed service agreement for length of loan.
- Credit eligibility requirements. Financially, this program offers a loan/grant combination up to $30,000.
Other financing is available as well:
- Grants are available for 20 percent or up to $6,000 from WECA.
- Loans are available for 80 percent or up to $24,000 from Riverland Energy Cooperative. A 3-percent interest applies to this loan, and the farmer can take up to five years to repay the loan.
For more information on the Safety First! Rewiring Program contact Tammy or call 1-800-411-9115 or 608-323-3381 for more information.