Energy Audit Incentives Riverland Energy offers a $150 credit toward the cost of a home energy audit. The audit must be arranged through Riverland Energy Cooperative and done by a state certified energy audit specialist. The typical cost is $350. The bill for the audit will be sent to Riverland Energy Cooperative and you will see the charge on your energy bill less the $150 credit. Member is only eligible for one audit in the 12-month period and rebates are only available until December 31, 2020, or until all funds have been depleted, whichever comes first.
An energy audit takes approximately 2-3 hours and includes:
• Blower door test (check air sealing, air exchanges/hour)
• Measuring attic insulation
• Using an infrared camera to check insulation/cold spots on floors and walls
• A detailed list of energy savings measures
• One follow-up visit for retesting after recommended correction measures have been made
Home Energy Audit Follow-up Incentive After the home energy audit is complete, a list of energy saving measures will be generated. If the suggested improvements are made the member will get a credit of up to $500, based on approved invoices. Rebate cannot exceed 20% of the cost of the implemented measures. Professional labor costs can be included in the cost.)
For more information or to set up an energy audit, contact our office at 608-323-3381 or 800-411-9115.