Rates, Fees, & Deposits
Current rate schedule (May 1, 2020)
Base Service Charge
The monthly facility charge of $1.18 a day covers your share of expenses to purchase, build and maintain power lines, substations and equipment to ensure the availability of power on your property. All members pay the basic electric charge for each electric account each month, regardless of energy used, therefore, sharing the cost of the electric system.
The kWh energy charge covers the cost of electricity you use, including its generation and transmission from the power plant, bill processing and customer service, right-of-way maintenance, fleet operations, and related expenses.
Time-of-use (TOU) rates are an attempt to provide members with pricing that encourages them to lower usage during peak times, either by using less energy during peak times or by moving usage to non-peak times. It is important to note that these rates are optional. Each member may decide whether to remain on the standard rate or move to the time-of-use rate. The summer on-peak period are weekdays June 1 - September 30, beginning at 2:00 p.m., and ending at 6:00 p.m., excluding Independence Day and Labor Day. The winter on-peak period are Oct. 1 - May 31 from 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., excluding New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas.
Current TOU Rates:
- Base Service Charge $1.18/day
- Energy Charge On-peak 36.04 center per kWh
- Energy charge Off-peak 7.67 cents per kWh
- Processing fee: $15
- Collection fee: $50
- Disconnect/reconnect fee - $50
- Security deposit: $100 or credit reference in 14 days; or completed ACH form
- Return check charge/insufficient funds: $25 (plus any bank charges; including any ACH reversals)
- Meter tampering: $50
- Manual meter read fee:$50
- Late fee on all past due bill amounts: 1%
* Other fees may apply. Please call our office for details on the fees and additional fees not listed.